SFTP Setup Guide
1. Download and install the tool
- Download this tool and install it.
- Start it up and make it not ask you for permission anymore in the future.
2. Basic configuration
- Create a new profile with the host name game.pixelcloud.ch.
- Set the port to 23456.
- Enter your login name and password.
- Select an unused drive letter where you want the data to appear.
3. Extended settings
- Open the profile settings.
- Consider the timeout, reconnect and keep-alive options in Connection.
- In Drive, select a specific folder to be mounted; enter /data.
- Consider the options On connect open in Explorer ... and Show files started with dot (...)
- In STFP Protocol, set the charset to Unicode (UTF-8) (important!).
- Close the profile settings.
- Click the connect button and accept the server key.
- In the bottom left corner of the program window, the text should switch to Online after a bit.
- Do not close, but minimize the window.
- Open the explorer (Win + E) and recognize a new network drive.
Note: I am located in the same LAN as the server, so I use the local IP instead of the domain.
- The folder share is accessible for every user; use it to exchange big files.
- The folder video is read-only accessible for every user.
- There are private folders present which can only be read by the respective user. If you would like such a folder for private data storage, contact an administrator.
- You can check the current disk usage here.