SFTP Setup Guide
1. Download and install the tool
- Download this tool and install it.
- Start it up and make it not ask you for permission anymore in the future.
- Follow the configuration guide below to set up connection properly.
The screen shots are old and are only for demonstration purposes,
follow the instructions in the text.
2. Basic configuration
- Create a new profile, name it accordingly.
- Enter the host name mak89.ch:23456 and save the profile.
- Enter your login name and password.
- Select an unused drive letter where you want the data to appear.
3. Advanced settings
- Open the advanced profile settings.
- Consider the timeout, reconnect and keep-alive options in Connection.
- In Protocol, set the charset to Unicode (UTF-8) (important!).
- In Drive, select a specific folder to be mounted; enter /data.
- Consider the options On connect open in Explorer ... and Show files started with dot (...)
- Close the profile settings.
- Click the connect button and accept the server key (shown below).
- In the bottom left corner of the program window, the text should switch to Online after a bit.
- Do not close, but minimize the window.
- Open the explorer (Win + E) and recognize a new network drive.
- The folder share is accessible for every user; use it to exchange big files.
- The folder video is read-only accessible for every user. If you only care about videos, you may also mount /video in step 3.
- The folder youtube-dl is the save location for the Youtube-DL tool.
- There are also other folders and files which are not further explained here.
- You can check the current disk usage here.