SFTP Setup Guide
1. Download and install the tool
- Download this tool (source) and install it.
- Start it up and make it not ask you for permission anymore in the future.
- Follow the configuration guide below to set up connection properly.
The screen shots are old and are only for demonstration purposes,
follow the instructions in the text where applicable.
2. Basic configuration
- Create a new profile, name it accordingly.
- Enter the host name mak89.ch:23456 and save the profile.
- Enter your login name and password.
- Select an unused drive letter where you want the data to appear.
3. Advanced settings
- Open the advanced profile settings.
- Consider the timeout, reconnect and keep-alive options in Connection.
- In Protocol, set the charset to Unicode (UTF-8) (important!).
- In Drive, select a specific folder to be mounted; enter /data.
- Consider the options On connect open in Explorer ... and Show files started with dot (...)
- Close the profile settings.
- Click the connect button and accept the server key (shown below).
- In the bottom left corner of the program window, the text should switch to Online after a bit.
- Do not close, but minimize the window.
- Open the explorer (Win + E) and recognize a new network drive.
- The folder private hold a folders accessible to the respective user only. If you would like to have one, contact mak.
- The folder share is accessible for every user; use it to exchange big files.
- The folder video is read-only accessible for every user. If you only care about videos, you may also mount /video in step 3.
- The folder youtube-dl is the save location for the Youtube-DL tool.
- There are also other folders and files which are not further explained here.
- You can check the current disk usage here.